I’ve seen more drugs behind the brick walls of my private college than I have ever even heard of back home in my hood.
It’s a known fact that you will find more drugs,especially hard drugs, in the suburbs than in the hood
Here is a good post explaining why Eleanor and Park is racist. My personal beef with Eleanor and Park is
- Fetishization of biracial children
- Asian women are referred to as “exotic” and “dolls”
- Eleanor is constantly made to look past Parks “imperfections” (he’s more asian looking than his brother, he’s not masculine looking (this a deeply rooted concept of the yellow peril smear campaigns)
- Rainbow Rowell later made comments saying “a guy like Park” was lucky being able to find Eleanor??? What???
- Park’s mom is portrayed as this strange Madame Butterfly character where she is madly in love with the American GI, stays at home to raise the family, and speaks broken English.
Throw it in the trash
If you think all Black people’s blogs are “social justice” blogs, you’re racist.
I read some newspaper article recently that pretty much summed up Tumblr and the responses to it this way—privileged people who come here are shocked to see marginalized people talking about their experiences, so they think everyone’s just obsessed with social justice, rather than talking about their own lives.
one of the worst things about becoming educated on social issues is when people are like ‘you used to have a sense of humor’
no i used to have internalized prejudices which i’ve worked really hard to overcome and i realize now that your jokes are shitty